Business Partners: Nebraska Machinery
NMC (Nebraska Machinery) was founded in 1938 by J.J. (Joe) Swanson, a highway engineer for the Wyoming Department of Transportation and W.A. Norris, a Wyoming contractor. The company's first facility was located on West Front Street in North Platte, Nebraska.
In 1987, NMC added 30 counties in southeast Nebraska and the addition of the Lincoln and Doniphan stores with the acquisition of Lincoln Equipment Company. Presently we serve 92 out of 93 (Nebraska) counties and Pottawattamie County in Iowa for our Caterpillar dealership.
NMC opened its first rental store in Omaha, and then expanded the rental store concept across the state by providing a complete line of light construction equipment, aerial lift and other rental intensive products utilized in the building construction industry.
In 2003, NMC constructed a new state-of-the-art corporate headquarters facility in Omaha and recently authorized the construction of a cutting edge dedicated truck shop facility in Lincoln off Interstate 80, which was completed in January 2006.
Today, NMC employs over 600 people. Branch locations in Nebraska are located in Columbus, Doniphan, Lincoln, Norfolk, Omaha, North Platte and Scottsbluff. Iowa branches are located in Mason City and Des Moines. NMC serves a diverse customer base which includes the construction, industrial, agricultural and material handling industries.
- Contruction - Compact, Heavy, Railroad, and Construction Equipment.
- Rental Services - Rental Equipment, Construction Supplies, Concrete / Masonry / Paving, and Underground Equipment
- Agricultural - New and Used Equipment, AG-Chem, and more.
- Power Systems - New and Used Equipment, Generators, Industrial, and Rental.
- On-Highway Trucks - competitive edge in the highway truck market.
- Material Handling - NMC provides customers a vast line of quality reliable energy-efficient lift products.
- Product Support - New, Used, and Nexus parts. Maintenance and Repair on Mobile Air Conditioning and Hydraulics. SOS Lab, Certified Rebuild, Cat Lubricants, Lube Truck, Paint & Shotblast Facilities, and more.